[mod_python] servlet

Manera, Villiam vmanera at manord.com
Fri Jul 30 16:04:30 EDT 2004

I'm working for integrate mod_python servlet and mod_python.publisher.

firt af all some little problem:
1) If I leave in httpd.conf "ServerName localew.manord.com" when I start the
tutorial an alert tell me that:localew.manord.com can't be found, with this
statement comment all work fine

2)with the tutorial folder under DocumentRoot all work fine:
<Directory D:/discoE/wwwroot/cartelle_sito_mdn/mps_progetti/tutorial>
      SetHandler mod_python
      PythonHandler mod_python.servlet
      PythonDebug on
    </Directory>
but all my script don't stay under DocumentRoot, and with Alias statement I
can see them, but with servlet :

Alias /tutorial/ "D:/discoE/script/cgi/tutorial/"
<Directory "D:/discoE/script/cgi/tutorial">
      SetHandler mod_python
      PythonHandler mod_python.servlet
      PythonDebug on
 </Directory>

Forbidden You don't have permission to access /tutorial/ on this server

3) this is only for confirm:

I already have a Session instance from publischer program, and the function
made a lot of other work..

So in order to use my function on servlet a workaround may be:

class willybase(HTMLPage):
    py = {}
    use_session = False   <------------------------

    def prep(self):
        HTMLPage.prep(self)
        self.session = adatta_ha.sessione(self.req,....) <--------
        self.use_session=True   <------------

In this way cleanup_session etc.. I think will work fine, and I have the
same function called from publisher and servlet
I'm right?

Villiam Manera
Manifatture del Nord srl
via Mazzacurati 6