[mod_python] (servlet) download files with req.sendfile

Nicolas Lehuen nicolas at lehuen.com
Wed Jul 14 10:40:24 EDT 2004

Hi,

You should make sure that you send a proper Content-Type header before
calling sendfile. A curl -i on
http://pytsts2.codezone.ath.cx/dwn69?dwn=teste.tgz shows that you return a
text/plain MIME type, which is not correct. Plus, the HTML page is appended
to the end of the TGZ file.

As for the filename problem, I'm not sure, but I think the problem can be
solved with a Content-Disposition header, though it is a bit unreliable. See
:

http://ppewww.ph.gla.ac.uk/~flavell/www/content-type.html

and

http://www.mozilla.org/docs/web-developer/mimetypes.html