[mod_python] Creating many mysqld processes

Paul Eden peden at americanphysicians.net
Sat Jul 10 10:03:44 EDT 2004

I created an intranet application with mysql and mod_python and am
having trouble with extra mysqld processes on the server.

They don't seem to be being destroyed/collected until I restart the
mysql server.

This is probably some error on my part in coding the application, but I
am not sure where the problem is.

Will someone please tell me at what point in the DB API specification
the extra mysqld are destroyed if at all or how I can get rid of them
after they are finished?  Is it just connection.close()?

mod_python-3.1.3-1
MySQL-python-0.9.1-6
python-2.2.3-5
httpd-2.0.46-32.ent.3