[mod_python] query_vars and form_vars

Gustavo Córdova Avila gustavo.cordova at q-voz.com
Fri Jul 9 19:49:14 EDT 2004

Don't get y'alls panties in a bunch, QUERY_STRING parameters and POSTed
data are ORTHOGONAL, they don't have anything to do with each other.

I normally parse urlencoded parameters using something like:

    >>> params = dict(util.parse_qsl(request.args or ""))

because normally I only expect a single instance of any parameter, and
any extra instances will get clobbered by this (not that this particular
application cares, validation and verification happens after parsing).

IF you know for a fact that the POSTed data is URLEncoded, you can do
something like the previous snippet and build a dictionary of those
parameters also:

    >>> data = req.read(req.content_length)
    >>> posted_params = dict(util.parse_qsl(data or ""))

So now you have two dictionaries.

Parsing for multiple instances of a single parameter is left as an
excersize to the reader.

;-)

-gus