[mod_python] libapreq2? (was Re: query_vars and form_vars)

Joe Schaefer joe+gmane at sunstarsys.com
Tue Jul 6 22:30:25 EDT 2004

Byron Ellacott <bje at apnic.net> writes:

[...]

> So, in essence, the protocol definition makes a clear distinction
> between the roles of query fragments and POST data, but that
> distinction is lost when dealing with the vast bulk of web programming
> libraries out there, including mod_python's FieldStorage class.  The
> correct (as-per-specification) behaviour would be to distinguish
> between query arguments and POST data values.

FWIW, the libapreq2 C library was designed with this in mind.
The old-style API (where GET & POST data are combined) is
available through apreq_param(), but the GET and POST data is
kept separate in two tables, req->args and req->body.

Since apreq is a sister-project to mod_python, I'd love
to know if it's possible to somehow make the library
available to mod_python users.

I'd be glad to say more about the benefits of libapreq2
on this list, but since I don't know the first thing about
python I don't know how topical my remarks would be.

--
Joe Schaefer