[mod_python] RE: Apache on Windows and concurrency

Gregory (Grisha) Trubetskoy grisha at modpython.org
Tue Jul 6 16:04:54 EDT 2004

On Tue, 6 Jul 2004, Iain Mackay wrote:

> I don't think there is a way to, perhaps, query the server configuration to
> at least detect a multi-threaded context.

There is, it's the mpm_query() function. If you look at the beginning of
Session.py file, you'll see some code that uses it to make the
determination on whether the server is running multithreaded.

> I'm a little surprised that the Python interpreter itself doesn't suffer
> catastrophic failures if it is called by Apache from multiple threads.

The Python interpreter is actually smart enough to be aware of a
multithreaded environment and act accordingly :-)

Grisha