[mod_python] Subinterpreters and index.py

Nicolas Lehuen nicolas at lehuen.com
Thu Jul 1 19:40:35 EDT 2004

Well, I think I understand why mod_python behaves like that (it probably has
to do with the fact that modules are referenced in the sys.modules
dictionary, so you cannot have multiple modules with the same name)...

It's simply that it's not what I expect (and I guess it's the same for other
people too). That's why I was suggesting that modules loaded by the
publisher could be loaded with a unique name depending on something like the
path to the .py file or the URL used to get the page.

The publisher has a nice Zope-like behaviour, unfortunately even Zope does
not exhibit the kind of behaviour mod_python.publisher does with /index.py
and /subdir/index.py.

Anyway, Daniel suggested that I use mod_python Servlets, and I'll have a
look at it (thanks Daniel !).

Regards,

Nicolas