[mod_python] Dies on Database connection?

Manfred Stienstra manfred.stienstra at dwerg.net
Thu Jan 22 18:58:22 EST 2004

On Thu, 2004-01-22 at 15:37, Ross M Karchner wrote:
> In mozilla, it loads a blank page, on Safari, I get a "page returned no
> data" error.

This is because you're not returning any data...

> The code in display-rss.py is:
> -------------------------------
> DB = "db"
> USER = "user"
> PASS = "password"
>
> import MySQLdb
>
> def index(req):
>
>     DB_CONN = MySQLdb.connect(db=DB, user=USER, passwd=PASS)
>     C=DB_CONN.cursor()
>     C.execute('select * from cities where id=17;')
>     return "Something"

Maybe you should try something like this:

DB = "db"
USER = "user"
PASS = "password"

import MySQLdb
from mod_python import apache

def index(req):

    DB_CONN = MySQLdb.connect(db=DB, user=USER, passwd=PASS)
    C=DB_CONN.cursor()
    try:
      C.execute('select * from cities where id=17;')
      for row in c.fetchall():
        req.write(str(row))
      return apache.OK
    finally: