[mod_python] mod_python/mod_include integration

Homme Zwaagstra hrz at geodata.soton.ac.uk
Wed Jan 14 14:30:47 EST 2004

Hello,

I am interested in knowing if there is a python equivalent to Perl's
Apache::Include module which provides mod_perl/mod_include integration
(http://perl.apache.org/docs/1.0/api/Apache/Include.html). I'm
especially interested to know if I can accomplish what
Apache::Include->virtual($uri) does with mod_python. This is namely to
include the output of a given (local) uri in my mod_python script. In
other words I would like to do what the SSI element <!--#include
virtual=""--> does with but with python.

I would like to include, for instance, the output from PHP, a CGI
script or simple HTML file in my mod_python app. This will enable me
to build the generic templating system that I require. I had hoped
that I could use the internal_redirect method of the request object to
do the same thing but it appears that once an internal_redirect has
been initated the initial content handler is no longer valid.

Can this be done and, if so, how?

Any and all pointers gratefully received!

Homme Zwaagstra