[mod_python] Anti-mod_python discrimination

Byron Ellacott bje at apnic.net
Thu Feb 26 12:03:11 EST 2004

On Thu, 2004-02-26 at 11:09, David McNab wrote:
> I wonder if anyone on this list might want to comment on why so many
> commercial shared web hosting providers steadfastly refuse to allow the
> use of mod_python on their servers.

support mod_python, the provider would need staff with python and
mod_python skills, which either means training or hiring.

Unfortunately, perl already had a solid history as the language of
choice for CGI, and mod_perl filled a hole.  mod_python may never get as
much acceptance as perl.

(All python needs is syntactic support for regular expression objects,
and it will surpass perl in every respect -- except existing expertise!)

--
bje