[mod_python] Any support for on-time Initialization?

Gregory (Grisha) Trubetskoy grisha at modpython.org
Tue Feb 3 06:34:38 EST 2004

On Mon, 2 Feb 2004, Daniel West wrote:

> > > However, mod_python seems to have problems in general with
> > > multi-threaded environments.
> >
> > Just to be fair - mod_python does not have problems with
> > multi-threaded environments, none that I am aware of at least.
>
> I posted a problem I ran into a couple weeks ago to this list (subject:
> 3.1.2b and worker_mpm).  Seems the output filter under load was mixing up
> requests.
>
> [ ... ]
>
> I don't know how else to describe the problem I experienced except for a
> threading issue.

Well, first 3.1.2b is a beta release, and beta releases are known to
contain problems. It's not logical to assume that if there is a problem in
a beta release, and your best guess is that it has to do with threading,
then all versions of mod_python "have problems in general with
multi-threaded environments".  Someone new to mod_python may read this in
the archives and take it as a true statement, when it isn't.

Second - I think you gave up on that particular problem and drew a
conclusion way to eraly. Posting the problem code to the list would be a
start :-)

Grisha