[mod_python] Any support for on-time Initialization?

Gregory (Grisha) Trubetskoy grisha at modpython.org
Mon Feb 2 21:41:28 EST 2004

On Mon, 2 Feb 2004, Daniel West wrote:

> At 02:33 PM 2/2/2004 -0500, you wrote:
>
> >Like Daniel said, going with a threaded MPM is not for the faint of
> >heart, as MySQLdb doesn't like sharing connections very much.
>
> Actually, database connections can successfully be shared among multiple
> threads with the standard Python Queue module plus some support
> code.  However, mod_python seems to have problems in general with
> multi-threaded environments.

Just to be fair - mod_python does not have problems with multi-threaded
environments, none that I am aware of at least. It is used quite a bit in
mutlithreaded environments, not the least of which is Windows, where
multi-threaded is the only option.

What does have a problem with multi-threaded environment is one of the
commonly used MySQL Python modules, which doesn't really have much to do
with mod_python itself.

Grisha