[mod_python] Re: problem installing mod_python-3.1.3 with Python 2.4

Nicolas Lehuen nicolas at lehuen.com
Sun Dec 5 15:36:30 EST 2004

> The biggest difficulty I hit was that Python 2.4 (the standard
> binary) is built with MSVC 7.1, so extensions also have to be built with
that version (or with mingw, which can build MSVC-7.1 compatible binaries).
> As I don't have MSVC 7.1, and can't work out how to build Apache, or at
least enough of it to compile
> mod_python, with mingw, I'm stuck.
>
> I would *really* appreciate a Python 2.4 binary of mod_python...
>
> Paul.

OK, I've managed to rebuild mod_python.so for Win32 with Python 2.4 support,
and it seems to work properly. If you want the binary version, write me and
I'll send it to you. Note that I've tried it on Apache 2.0.52 compiled with
VC 7.1 too, so your mileage may vary if you have the standard build of
Apache.

The problem is that I could not rebuild _psp.pyd, so PSP pages are not
working for now. Until now, I only needed to rebuild mod_python.so since the
patches I wrote were targeting this module, so I've just noticed that
building _psp.pyd is not as straightforward as building mod_python.so,
mainly because there are no project file or setup.py for this. It seems that
the subversion repository misses something there. Grisha, can you tell us
how to rebuild _psp.pyd ?

Best regards,
Nicolas