[mod_python] mod_python Live examples

Amir Salihefendic amix at amix.dk
Tue Aug 17 08:24:02 EDT 2004

Hello Miles

I have tried several external systems (PSE, Albatross and Quixote) to
use with mod_python. And I really didn't like them - - Resaon: I really
don't like to learn an extra language just do template some HTML
templateing.

I come up with, that the most simplest and powerful way to do
templateing is:
- Using publisher as your handler
- Using PSP as your template system

Now, this can be because I do both the code and design myself. And
because I use XHTML+CSS combo (i.e. most of my HTML is just div
layers). But if I didn't do both things myself, I really doubt any
designer will want to learn an extra language to design websites. Other
than that, if you cooperate on websitets then consider SimpleTal - it
looks very design-friendly.

Anyway, if I was you, I would start off with publisher and PSP. They
are very good at separating code from HTML - and you still use Python
as your main language.

Kind regards
Amir Salihefendic
-----