[mod_python] mod_python Live examples

Chris Curvey ccurvey at earthlink.net
Mon Aug 16 21:21:59 EDT 2004

I've recently been working on integrating owlfish's implementation of
TAL (Template Attribute Language) with mod_python servlets.   I like
that model, because it lets me separate all the HTML from the Python
code (so that I can't get sloppy and mix Python with my HTML).  I can
then implement controller classes by subclassing mod_python servlets,
and keep those separate from my entity classes (which are straight python).

I have a feeling that this solution may be slow-performing, but that
doesn't matter for what I'm doing now.  The only other problem is that
you are replacing all of the servlet's handling of HTML, and there are
some patterns that you have to follow to keep the whole thing working.

If there's any interest, I can post an annotated example.

-Chris