[mod_python] mod_python Live examples

Bo Lorentsen bl at netgroup.dk
Sun Aug 15 09:38:12 EDT 2004

On Sat, 2004-08-14 at 17:34, Michael Neel wrote:

> I think that's a bit unfair, mod_python's 'basic' is exposing the apache api
> in python, and allowing python code to be understood by apache.  The other
> things mod_python can do are really extras and bonuses, and if you come from
> having worked with the apache api before, mod_python has been pretty
> complete for a while now.
I agree, but I just found that something was missing to get the job
done. I could (and did) try to make some of these things myself, but it
really made me feel (subjective feeling) that mod_python was not ready.

But I was wrong, and that was the point. Mod_python is just something
else, and it works very nice.

> Also, you've never been "locked into" the options that come with mod_python.
Agree, it just took me som time to find out.

/BL