[mod_python] session example

Michael S. Fischer michael at dynamine.net
Tue Apr 6 14:43:18 EST 2004

Colin Fox writes:

> As far as I can tell - I'm using FireFox 0.8 on Linux, which
> is pretty standard I believe.

Consider installing the "Live HTTP headers" extension; it will help you
debug the problem.  http://livehttpheaders.mozdev.org/

> The whole session cookie thing is really unstable - sometimes
> it works, sometimes it doesn't, sometimes it just locks up.
>
> For my session-based login, sometimes my login is
> successfull, I record the username into the session, and my
> with no errors, and the next page still says "not logged in".

Depending on the process model in which you're running Apache, consider
running the server without forking (single-process, single-thread) to see if
you can reproduce the problem.

The following configuration values assume the MPM model is in use:

StartServers 1
MinSpareServers 0
MaxSpareServers 0
MaxClients 1