[mod_python] session.last_accessed() ?

John Mudd mudd at vex.net
Mon Apr 5 15:30:49 EST 2004

Oh, I just found some code from an old version that looks like it should
work.  But I deleted it.  I can't remember now why I dropped it.

Does this (if cookies.has_key('pysid')) look like a reasonable way to
tell if a new session is for a truly first time (virgin) user?

    # Get any ccookies.
    cookies = Cookie.get_cookies(req, Cookie.MarshalCookie,
	 secret=secretKey)

    # Either read the existing session (if any) or create a new one.
    session = Session.Session(req, None, secretKey, timeout)

    # Was it necessary to create a new session object?
    if session.is_new():

        # Was there an old session but it expired?
        if cookies.has_key('pysid'):
            sessionStatus = 'expired'
        else:
            sessionStatus = 'new'