[mod_python] Mod Python 3 Error on Adding into Apache.

Andrew andymorritt at rogers.com
Sat Sep 13 11:08:41 EST 2003

I added mod Python into Apache 2 on Win2k with this line:

LoadModule python_module modules/mod_python.so

And when I try to restart the server it displays:

Syntax error on line 973 of D:/Program Files/Apache
Group/Apache2/conf/httpd.con
f:
Cannot load D:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache2/modules/mod_python.so
into ser
ver: The specified module could not be found.

THe Wierd thing is, When I go to D:/Program Files/Apache
Group/Apache2/modules/ in WIndows Explorer, I SEE the file mod_python.so.

And when I type into the Address bar D:/Program Files/Apache
Group/Apache2/modules/mod_python.so, The File download comes up.

Also, I have Perl installed with LoadModule perl_module
modules/mod_perl.so, so LoadMod. Works.

I googled the Archives for this, but could find nothing.

THanks in Advance
Andrew.