[mod_python] Newbie problem running mod_python

Sean Gillies sgillies at frii.com
Sun Oct 26 08:58:07 EST 2003

On Sunday, October 26, 2003, at 02:28  AM, Tom Ayerst wrote:

> I am trying to run mod_python.
>
> My setup is:
>
> mod_python version  3.0.3
> python 2.3.2
> Apache 2.0.47
> Windows XP Home edition 2002 Service Pack 1
>
> I installed python, then apache and then mod_python.  I have made no
> changes to apache (other than to httpd.conf) or mod_python.
>
> Apache ran ok before the install of mod_python.
>
> When trying to run up apache with the example python code I get:
>
>    Syntax error on line 173 of C:/Program Files/Apache
> Group/Apache2/conf/httpd.conf:
>    Cannot load C:/Program Files/Apache
> Group/Apache2/modules/mod_python.so into server: The specified module
> could not be found.
>    Note the errors or messages above, and press the <ESC> key to exit.
>  27...
>
> That part of httpd.conf looks like this:
>
> 165 LoadModule setenvif_module modules/mod_setenvif.so
> 166 #LoadModule speling_module modules/mod_speling.so
> 167 #LoadModule status_module modules/mod_status.so
> 168 #LoadModule unique_id_module modules/mod_unique_id.so
> 169 LoadModule userdir_module modules/mod_userdir.so
> 170 #LoadModule usertrack_module modules/mod_usertrack.so
> 171 #LoadModule vhost_alias_module modules/mod_vhost_alias.so
> 172 #LoadModule ssl_module modules/mod_ssl.so
> 173 LoadModule python_module modules/mod_python.so
>                                 174
> 175 #
> 176 # ExtendedStatus controls whether Apache will generate "full"
> status
> 177 # information (ExtendedStatus On) or just basic information
> (ExtendedStatus
> 178 # Off) when the "server-status" handler is called. The default is
> Off.
> 179 #
> 180 #ExtendedStatus On
>
> As usual I expect I have missed something glaringly obvious, I just
> don't know what right now.
>
> Any help or pointers much appreciated.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Tom

Tom,

I don't use windows these days, but shouldn't the mod_python module for
Win32
be a DLL rather than a SO?  You didn't mention if you checked in
C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache2/modules/ to see if the module was
there.
Check the directory and use the mod_python library you find.

cheers,
Sean
--
Sean Gillies