[mod_python] Cannot load mod_python.so into apache(2):

Gustavo Córdova Avila gustavo.cordova at q-voz.com
Tue Oct 14 12:38:23 EST 2003

Nothing really... I just changed "22" for a "23" in the string
"python22.dll" using "edit /70"  (for all youse DOS old hands out
there).  :-)

1. Start Menu
2. Click "run"
3. Type "cmd"
4. cd into your apache modules directory (or wherever "mod_python.so" is
stored).
5. Type "edit /70 mod_python.so"
6. Search for "python22.dll"
7. OVERWRITE "22" with "23", so it now says "python23.dll"
8. Make sure you OVERWROTE, and not INSERTED.
9. Save.
10. Start Apache and make sure it starts ok.

Remember to make a backup of "mod_python.so" before the operation.

Mind you, this isn't the ideal solution, but until we get a
compiled-with-python23.dll module, it seems to work.

-gustavo