[mod_python] Hello newbie problems #2

M.D. DeWar mark at s-wit.net
Fri Oct 3 16:34:29 EST 2003

The below link got mod_python to compile and install.
However when I put the info into the httpd.conf I get this error:

Syntax error on line 262 of /usr/local/apache2/conf/httpd.conf:
Cannot load /usr/local/apache2/modules/mod_python.so into server:
/usr/local/apa
che2/modules/mod_python.so: Undefined symbol "pthread_self"

At the bottom of the link provided I see that I should or thought I should
configure with these options:
spiderman#
./configure --with-python=/usr/local/bin/python --with-apxs=/usr/local/apach
e2/bin/apxs

(I tried the --with-python=  being blank but system sat there and with
/usr/local/bin/ just gave an error.)

I could not find more info on this error.
Thanks
mark