[mod_python] environment variables not visible?

Steven D. Arnold stevena at neosynapse.net
Wed Mar 26 23:47:02 EST 2003

Hello,

I am attempting to use mod_python 2.7.8 with spyce 1.3.6.  In my project, I
use a database module that connects with a Sybase database.  The module
expects certain environment variables to be set, which I set directly using
os.environ.  Nevertheless, the module doesn't seem to see the environment
variables; the errors are exactly as if the environment variables are not
present.

When I execute the same code from the python interpreter, it works fine.
Likewise when I run the pages from CGI rather than mod_python.  Thus, it
seems as if this may be a mod_python issue.  Any idea what may be going on?

Thanks,
steve