[mod_python] supporting modular mod_python extensions vs."folding" mod_psp

Geert Jansen geert at boskant.nl
Mon Jun 9 13:05:41 EST 2003

> PSP is a python handler, distributed with mod_python.  There
> is a clear boundary between the two pieces of code.  I can
> see your political reasoning for not including PSP, but what
> is your technical reason?  The other systems will not be
> technically disadvantaged in anyway, and psp
> certainly doesn't muddy things up from a technical perspective.

The fact that mod_psp hasn't proved anything yet while other frameworks
have seems a technical reason to me.

What do you (as the mod_psp author) think of the remarks that have been
made already by two people that a complete web application framework is
much larger in scope than mod_python. This would mean that adding it to
mod_python is like adding mod_python to the framework. At that time can
only hope that the focus of mod_python doesn't shift from being a
general and high performance Python layer for Apache to being the Apache
enablement of mod_psp.

Cheers,
Geert