[mod_python] 'ok' AttributeError / win32

Rich Pinder rpinder at usc.edu
Thu Sep 5 22:12:25 EST 2002

(Very) Newbie here...

I'm starting out with a win32 install (my linux server is 3 weeks away) - and trying to get a head start using
ModPython.
Eventually, want to get ModPython working with Kinterbasedb & Firebird to do simple form based data storage
for our cancer research study.

I've gotten the install done, found via the archives the 'gotcha' omission of adding  "AddModule
mod_python.c", created the little mptest.py sample, and it KIND of works.... But seems to be complaining that
there is no 'ok' attribute found.

Setup:
Apache/1.3.26  mod_python/2.7.6  Python 2.2.1  (Even though I've upgraded to the 2.7.8 version of the
mod_python files -using the Apr 19 version of apache.py- the only dll I could find was 2.7.6)

Details of the error:

Hello ThisWorld
Mod_python error: "PythonHandler mptest"

Traceback (most recent call last):

   File "c:\python22\lib\mod_python\apache.py", line 193, in Dispatch
     result = object(req)

   File "c:/program files/apache group/apache/htdocs/python\mptest.py", line 7, in handler
     return apache.ok

AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'ok'

Thanks for any thoughts

Rich Pinder
USC School of Medicine