[mod_python] Problems with BETA3 and Solaris 9

Gregory (Grisha) Trubetskoy grisha at modpython.org
Wed Oct 23 14:39:21 EST 2002

Did make report errors of any kind? It'd be strange if it didn't.

Try this:

Edit src/Makefile.in, change the line:

mod_python.so: $(SRCS)

mod_python.so: $(SRCS)  @EPRINTF_HACK@ @FLOATDIDF_HACK@

Then rerun ./configure --with-apxs=/usr/local/apache/bin/apxs

(You don't need the --with-python argument)

Let me know if it fixes it.

P.S. I had problems building and running apache on Solaris 9 and in the
end what fixed was compiling my own gcc from scratch. I used 3.2, but 3.1
should work OK as well. I also had to set LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib.
I don't know (or don't care) enough about the intricacies of gcc on
Solaris to be able to explain what exactly goes on there, you may not need
those things on your system... :-)

Grisha