[mod_python] Problems with BETA3 and Solaris 9

Mr. Robin R. Reid rrreid at earthlink.net
Wed Oct 23 12:02:22 EST 2002

I ran the following configuration command

./configure --with-python --with-apxs=/usr/local/apache/bin/apxs

then ran make to completion. make install, however finished with the
following output:

Performing DSO installation.

./install-sh -c src/mod_python.so /usr/local/apache/modules
install:  src/mod_python.so does not exist
make[1]: *** [install_dso] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/export/home/tools/mod_python-3.0.0-BETA'
make: *** [install] Error 2

Needless to say, this is quite true. I'm running apache 2.0.43 and am using
gcc 3.1, with most of the gnu build tools installed. Being relatively new to
gnu build tools and mod_python, I'm not sure how to proceed.

Thanks in advance for your help.