[mod_python] SetHandler and a subdirectory with static contents (images)

Arcady Genkin agenkin-lst-mod_python at thpoon.com
Thu Nov 14 15:32:28 EST 2002

I cannot send image files when using the Publisher handler: apache
tries to run them as Python programs. ;^)  I tried setting to handler
for the images directory to the default, but it didn't work.  With
Apache 2.0.43 and mod_python-3.0B4, I have the following config:

,----[ httpd.conf ]
| <Directory "/var/www/data">
|    PythonDebug On
|    SetHandler python-program
|    PythonHandler mod_python.publisher
| </Directory>
|
| <Directory "/var/www/data/images">
|   SetHandler default-handler
| </Directory>
`----

Since /var/www/data is the DocumentRoot, I cannot place the images in
a directory outside of it...

What am I doing wrong?
--
Arcady Genkin

guilt is the cause of more disauders
than history's most obscene marorders (E.E. Cummings)