[mod_python] Funky publisher behavior under apache 1.3

Antonio L Rodriguez antonio at memora.com
Wed Nov 13 09:15:19 EST 2002

Hey all,

I've been playing around with the publisher but have been having some
issues. First, I get this in my apache logs all the time:

[Wed Nov 13 08:49:01 2002] [notice] mod_python: (Re)importing
mod_python.publisher from None

This happens even when the underlying files do not change (either the
script or the publisher.py file ).

Second, I'm getting erratic behavior where the publisher will find a
function one time and then generate a 404 a couple of requests later
for no apparent reason.

I am using python 2.2.2 with threads but this hasn't been a problem in
the past and I'm not actually using the threading libs. in my script.

Anyone run into this type of behavior with publisher.py?

Thanks

AR