[mod_python] Win32 : Can't locate API module structure `mod_python'

Cassiano, Marco mcassiano at manord.com
Fri Dec 6 18:19:09 EST 2002

Hello,

I'm using
- Windows 2000 Server,
- Apache 2.0.43
- Active State active python 2.2.2
- mod_python 3.0.1 (I should put the mod_python-3.0.1\lib\python\mod_python
folder from the distribution into the c:\Python22\lib folder, right?)
- mod_python.so for activestate into the Apache modules folder.
- I have also the msvcr70.dll into \winnt\system32.

When I try to start Apache it fails and I get the following error in the
registry :

"Can't locate API module structure `mod_python' in file C:/Program
Files/Apache Group/Apache2/modules/mod_python.so: No error "

I read on the list that many of you, after the "msvcr70.dll" hint, succeeded
in making mod_python work.
What am I missing ?
Thank you!