[mod_python] make problems

Cameron S. Watters cameron at toolhouse.com
Wed Dec 4 17:43:16 EST 2002

> No, shared lib is not required. I have Python 2.2.1 and apache 2.0.43
> installed from ports on a FreeBSD 4.7-RELEASE-p1 box and mod_python
> compiles just fine. There is no libpython2.2.so.
>
> If your apache installation is not from ports, then another thing you
> might try is to rebuild apache after running ./buildconf (then
> ./configure), then make. Apxs uses the libtool script that is packaged
> with apache, and it in turn is created by ./buildconf, so it may have
> something to do with that.

That worked.

./buildconf
./configure --a mass of configure options
make
make install

I will say that building libpython2.2.so also makes the error messages
go away (not that that makes it the correct solution). Anybody want to
comment on what difference it actually makes?

Thanks for your help.

--cameron