[mod_python] make problems

Gregory (Grisha) Trubetskoy grisha at modpython.org
Wed Dec 4 19:34:39 EST 2002

No, shared lib is not required. I have Python 2.2.1 and apache 2.0.43
installed from ports on a FreeBSD 4.7-RELEASE-p1 box and mod_python
compiles just fine. There is no libpython2.2.so.

If your apache installation is not from ports, then another thing you
might try is to rebuild apache after running ./buildconf (then
./configure), then make. Apxs uses the libtool script that is packaged
with apache, and it in turn is created by ./buildconf, so it may have
something to do with that.

Grisha