[mod_python] Promoting Python as web application developmentlanguage

Fabian Fagerholm fabbe at paniq.net
Wed Aug 28 09:49:49 EST 2002

On Wed, 2002-08-28 at 01:41, David N. Welton wrote:
> > I don't see why mod_snake shouldn't be included with
> > mod_python. Developers would be coming to python.apache.org to find
> > out how to interface to Apache with Python...
>
> That would definitely make sense, if the author of mod_snake agreed to
> turn over the project to the ASF.

FYI, I just emailed the author asking for his opinion. I'll let you know
when I receive a reply.

Would the ASF consider adopting this "dead" codebase even if the
principal author would not be interested in continuing the project?

Meanwhile, I'd like to point out that the mod_python mailing list is now
a subscribe-before-posting list. From www.modpython.org:

    Sorry, due to exessive spam, you now must subscribe to be able to
    post to the list.

I strongly recommend that we move this discussion somewhere more
appropriate. The amount of off-topic mail on the mod_python list has
been large lately.

I ask again that any interested parties review the Python SIG proposal
[0] and endorse it by sending an email to the Meta-SIG mailing list.
Look at [1] for an example. That way we would have a mailing list for
discussions.

Apologies for Cc'ing anyone who's not interested, please let me know if
you don't want to be a part of this.

Regards,
Fabian

[0] http://mail.python.org/pipermail/meta-sig/2002-August/001233.html