[mod_python] Using non-global python with mod_python

Jack Diederich jack_diederich at email.com
Tue Aug 20 11:29:17 EST 2002

I just ran into a problem like this previously posted one:
  http://www.modpython.org/pipermail/mod_python/2002-July/002218.html

which gives you the 'could not import mod_python.apache, could not call init'
type of error.  After playing around I figured out that it was looking at
my globally installed copy of Python (/usr/local/python2.2) and NOT the copy I had
passed in to ./configure (/home/www/python2.2)

mod_python properly installed the py's in /home/www/python2.2 tree but it would
never get picked up by apache.  Even adding the home tree with the PythonPath
directive didn't work.  I had to symlink the site-packages directory from
/usr/local to the /home tree.

I couldn't find any reference to the /usr/local directory anywhere in the configured
mod_python tree.

Any guesses where it is getting the idea that everything is under /usr/local?

thanks,

-jack