[mod_python] index.py as index

Giorgio deneb at unixwave.org
Wed Jun 13 15:09:28 EST 2001

n Wed, Jun 13, 2001, Karol Bryd wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 12, 2001 at 01:31:56PM -0400, Rich Salz wrote:
> > > What I want is to have a page that will
> > > be displayed after typing http://lh/page/ (for example this will call
> > > function index in index.py). How to do it?
> >
> > Edit your Apache config file
> > 	DirectoryIndex index.py index.html
> >                         ^^^^^^^ add this
>
> This is quite obvious but it won't solve my problem with path info, I
> will still have to write url like this http://lh/page/?index to call
> function named index from index.py. Am I right?

 in the Apache Virtual host use:

 Redirect / http://www.yourdomain.ext/program.py/function?args=values

 Where :
* www.yourdomain.ext is the web host
* program.py is the program which you want start
* function is a python function which you want start , and it is in program.py
* args is a parameter to your function.

Note: never trust values.

Cheers,
Giorgio.

P.S. can be the objects instantiated by url?