[mod_python] Re: [Webware-discuss] ModPython problems

larry a price laprice at efn.org
Tue Jul 10 15:59:49 EST 2001

On Tue, 10 Jul 2001, Chuck Esterbrook wrote:

> I'm sorry to say I don't know the answer to your question, but I'm
> wondering if you really want to run the ModPythonAppServer, as opposed to
> the ModPython adapter which connects to a separately launched app server.
> That is the usual technique (e.g., your choice of adapter, plus the WebKit
> app server) used to run WebKit, because you can then restart the app server
> separate from the web server.

OK, i did get the Webkit.cgi to work and the ModPythonAdapter seems to
work, does the correct redirect, I guess i was under the impression from
the docs that ModPythonAdapter 'required' ModPythonAppserver to work
correctly. Since that's not the case I'm not sure i understand why
ModPythonAppServer exists... it doesn't look like it enables any
additional functionality. (aside from diddling the apache API)
the import _apache failure still bugs me though (anyone on the mod_python
front who can offer their wisdom?)