[mod_python] Server error message

Peter Giannopoulos Peter.GIANNOPOULOS at gemplus.com
Wed Jan 10 12:58:27 EST 2001

Hello,

I have a question that may have an obvious answer but for the life of me I
can't seem to find it.
Here goes:

Any and every time I use the publisher handler I get an error when I return
any except for a string.
example:

	def handler(req):
        req.content_type = "text/plain"
        req.send_http_header()
        req.write("Hello World!")

        return apache.OK

Displays :

	Hello World!HTTP/1.1 200 OK
	Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 17:48:44 GMT
	Server: Apache/1.3.14 (Unix) mod_python/2.7 Python/1.5.2
	Connection: close
	Transfer-Encoding: chunked

	<HTML><HEAD>
	<TITLE>200 OK</TITLE>
	</HEAD><BODY>
	<H1>OK</H1>
	The server encountered an internal error or
	misconfiguration and was unable to complete
	your request.<P>
	Please contact the server administrator,
	 petergi at gemplus.com and inform them of the time the error occurred,
	and anything you might have done that may have
	caused the error.<P>
	More information about this error may be available
	in the server error log.<P>
	<HR>
	<ADDRESS>Apache/1.3.14 Server at Medusa Port 80</ADDRESS>
	</BODY></HTML>

But there is nothing in the server logs.
Yet if a return a string instead (any string) even simply ( return " ").
It seems to be fine. Why? Can someone help me understand what is happening?

Peter Giannopoulos, Software Developer
Gemplus Software,   Advanced Projects Group

Phone: +15147322434
Fax:   +15147322401
Gemplus Card International
http://www.gemplus.com