[mod_python] trouble with mod_python from public_html directory

Jeff jam at quark.emich.edu
Sun May 28 14:40:34 EST 2000

On Sun, May 28, 2000 at 02:15:01PM -0400, Gregory Trubetskoy wrote:

> Try replacing "AddHandler python-program .py" with "AddHandler cgi-script
> .py" and see if you get the same errors.
>
> This will tell you whether this is at all related to mod_python. I suspect
> it isn't - the "File not found" is not a mod_python error.

You were correct.. this had nothing to do with mod_python, but rather
something odd with mod_rewrite. When I added a 'RewriteBase /~jam/'
directive to the .htaccess file in my public_html, things started working as
designed. This directive is not necessary in directories off of
/home/httpd/html, though. This isn't the generic solution I was expecting,
but it works, so I'm going to move on.

Thanks for the help.

Regards,