[mod_python] DSO

Gregory Trubetskoy grisha at modpython.org
Tue May 16 22:12:54 EST 2000

I just tried mod_python as a dso on

Linux 2.2.14 (Debian [potato])
gcc 2.9.52
libc6
python 1.5.2 with and without threads
apache-3.1.12

and it seems to work OK, at least the test.py does.

I used

apxs -I /usr/local/include/python1.5 -c mod_python.c \
     /usr/local/lib/python1.5/config/libpython1.5.a  \
     -lpthead

to compile the module.

On another Linux system it compiles, but Apache complains upon loading the
module that "python_module is garbled", although I think that's a libc/gcc
incompatibility problem of some sort.

On FreeBSD 4.0 STABLE apxs doesn't work at all - it gives gcc arguments
that are not allowed....

It'd be interesting to see what experiences other people have with this?

Grisha