[mod_python] Handlers

Gregory Trubetskoy grisha at modpython.org
Tue May 16 08:04:07 EST 2000

On Tue, 16 May 2000, Chuck Esterbrook wrote:

> Hi, I noticed that you have 3 out-of-the-box handlers including one
> for ZPublisher. I was wondering if you would be interested in
> providing a handler for Webware for Python?

"providing" as in "writing"? Probably not, there is enough things to do
with mod_python (like DSO) that I'd rather not get distracted on
handlers...

(What is webware, BTW? I couldn't gather from the website what it is and
didn't feel like downloading it right now.)

My vision for mod_python is that of a very simple piece of software, in
fact I'm not even sure that the three handlers that come with it *should*
be part of the package...

BUT, you and everyone else are more than welcome to contribute, we could
create a section on the website for additional handlers.

> We already have 2 handlers, one for CGI and another for FastCGI.

When you say "handler" do you mean it is a mod_python handler, or some
other handler?

Grisha