[mod_python] mod_python does not interoperate with CORBA (omniORB)

Richard Bouska xbouska at infima.cz
Tue Jun 20 18:23:24 EST 2000

Hello

I am trying to convert one of my project from single threaded corba
server (ILU from PARC XEROX) to multithreaded (omniORB 3.0 FROM at&t).
But I am unable to use the mod_python due some problems with threads.

The script runs fine as a CGI but when I try use mod_python it stucks in

corba_init call. It freeses before it transfers any byte through the
iiop protocol.

When I let the apache live in only one thread - apache -X then
everything
workes well.

Has anoybody some idea what I shell try?

configuration:

Linux 2.2.12 - debian potato
mod_python 2.2 (2.4) - I try both - dynamicaly linked
omniORB 3.0 - beta from CVS
apache 1.3.12

PS: I was using the PyApache and leave it because I thaught that the
problem
with omniORB is caused by  some problem in it - but now I dot know
because both
mod_python and PyApache have the same problem.

Thank You in advance

Richard Bouska
Richard at Bouska.cz