[mod_python] Re: Another threading issue: chdir (fwd)

Stéphane Bidoul sbi at acse.be
Mon Jun 12 23:06:03 EST 2000

>The more I think about this, the more it seems to me that doing away with
>the chdir and prepending the path rather than the '.' is the way to go.

Agreed, but I wonder how much the manipulation of sys.path to do the imports
can cause threading issues... Is it possible to avoid it?

>This will break old code that relied on the chdir being there, but what
>can you do...
>All the other solutions will make threaded mod_python incompatible with
>nonthreaded be it extra directives or different code that you need....

Cross platform compatibility is indeed important. To achive it people
should be told to assume multi-threaded operation: to be portable
to windows, and also to be Apache2-proof [since I understand that
it will use threads on Unix also; but it may not be a target for mod_python,
I don't know how different the API is].

-sbi