[mod_python] Re: Another threading issue: chdir (fwd)

Gregory Trubetskoy grisha at modpython.org
Fri Jun 9 17:12:16 EST 2000

On Fri, 9 Jun 2000, Stéphane BIDOUL wrote:

> > Or chdir could be made optional via a directive of some sort.... I need to
> > think about this too...
>
> This option looks reasonable to me;
> the associated threading caveats could be documented easily.

The more I think about this, the more it seems to me that doing away with
the chdir and prepending the path rather than the '.' is the way to go.

This will break old code that relied on the chdir being there, but what
can you do...

All the other solutions will make threaded mod_python incompatible with
nonthreaded be it extra directives or different code that you need....

Grisha