[mod_python] Returning multiple content types ?

Gregory Trubetskoy grisha at modpython.org
Sun Jun 4 15:08:38 EST 2000

On Sat, 3 Jun 2000, richard offer wrote:

> How do I write a handler that can return multitple pieces of content ?

For as long as you have a way to tell the handler which content to return
(typically done via URL) and the handler has the logic to understand it,
this shouldn't be too hard. All of the handlers included with mod_python
return multiple pieces of content.

> Should I be using the cgihandler ? This is virgin code so I'm, not
> porting an exising implementation, so it seemed to me that I would be
> better off using the basic handler, is this true ?

If it's virgin code and you have no intentions of using CGI in the future
there is no reason for you to mess with the cgihandler, you're right.

> Is there an easy way to parse the QUERY_STRING into a dict ?

Look at the standard Python library module cgi.py.

> Should I be using a different architecture ? I was working on having
> everything in one handler, does this make sence?

This is something only you, as developer,  can determine.

Grisha