[mod_python] embedded Python

Geoff Talvola gtalvola at nameconnector.com
Thu Jul 13 09:35:55 EST 2000

One project that allows embedding of Python in HTML is WebWare for Python, which
has a Python Server Pages component.  See http://webware.sourceforge.net/ for
details.

WebWare is still in Alpha phase, but it looks quite useful already.  It has a
number of nice features such as Session objects to automatically handle session
data, and the ability to write web applications in an object-oriented manner.
You can mix and match Python Server Pages with pages that are implemented as
Python classes.

And it should work with mod_python on Linux -- I remember some messages on the
mailing list to that effect.  I'm planning on trying to get it to work with
mod_python on Windows NT, which I don't think anyone has attempted yet.  You can
also use it with plain old CGI (which will be slower) or FastCGI.

--

- Geoff Talvola
  Parlance Corporation