[mod_python] Reloading PSP sometimes shows old pages

Graham Dumpleton graham.dumpleton at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 01:47:02 EDT 2009

2009/3/30 Mike Mueller <mike at subfocal.net>:
> On Mon, Mar 30, 2009 at 04:31:04PM +1100, Graham Dumpleton wrote:
>> Are the changes you are making contained totally within the PSP files,
>> or are they actually in separate Python modules imported and use from
>> the PSP pages?
>>
>> Are you saying that you still see the problem with MaxRequestsPerChild set to 1?
>>
>> Graham
>
> Good point, here's the exact situation:
>
> Page1.psp and Page2.psp both include common.psp, using the <%@include %>
> syntax.  common.psp has the navigation menu and other common page
> contents, in a function called gen_header().  I was changing the code of
> this function, while reloading a window pointed at Page1.psp (or
> Page2.psp).
>
> Yes, the problem occurs with MaxRequestsPerChild 1.
> (And I restarted apache after setting this.)

If MaxRequestsPerChild is 1 then it can't be a caching problem within
mod_python.

What is the actual URL path (don't care about host), are you relying
on additional path information passed to the request or query string
arguments?

Do you connect your browser direct to that Apache instance or do you
go via some firewall proxy/cache? Do you have any sort of caching
enabled in Apache?