[mod_python] "static" content is 404'ed

Graham Dumpleton graham.dumpleton at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 04:55:06 EST 2009

2009/3/3 Mihamina Rakotomandimby (R12y) <mihamina at lab.vectoris.fr>:
> Hi all,
> This is the tree view:
> http://lab.vectoris.fr/projects/vectoris/browser/EncycloPyDia/trunk
> The template:
> http://lab.vectoris.fr/projects/vectoris/browser/EncycloPyDia/trunk/index.html
> The python script:
> http://lab.vectoris.fr/projects/vectoris/browser/EncycloPyDia/trunk/index.py
>
> The final goal is to make an FCKEditor appear.
> My working copy is reachable (for me) at:
> http://localhost/~mihamina/EncycloPyDia/
> (I put the trunk into my $HOME/public_html/)
>
> The intermediate problem is: when trying to reach
> http://localhost/~mihamina/EncycloPyDia/tmp or
> http://localhost/~mihamina/EncycloPyDia/fckeditor or
> http://localhost/~mihamina/EncycloPyDia/source ...
> wich exist, I face a 404 HTTP error.
>
> Seems only *.py are allowed to be requested.
>
> The FCKEditor is made of an iframe located in
> http://localhost/~mihamina/EncycloPyDia/fckeditor/editor/fckeditor.html
>
> Due to the current behaviour, it's not reached.
> What should I setup in order to let some filesystem directories to be
> reached?

How have you configured to have mod_python handlers
(mod_python.publisher) executed for requests.

If you are using SetHandler, that is your problem, as mod_python will
handle all requests in the directory.

In .htaccess of subdirectories, try adding:

  SetHandler None

Otherwise read:

  http://www.dscpl.com.au/wiki/ModPython/Articles/SetHandlerVersusAddHandler

and then post details of how you are setting up Apache to have your
mod_python stuff executed.