[mod_python] [SPAM] mod_python/mod_wsgi and the apache processing pipeline

Andrew Smith andy at robotlovesyou.com
Thu Jul 23 06:16:22 EDT 2009

Hello

I have a couple of questions about the capabilities of mod_python vs
mod_wsgi.

My current (mis?)understanding is that mod_wsgi does not allow me to
provide handlers for apache stages such as PostReadRequest or Authz in
the same way that mod_python does, though I understand that I can
create a mod_wsgi Authentication provider.

So my questions are 1)Is my understanding of the situation correct
and 2) Are there any future plans for mod_wsgi to allow developers to
plug into the apache processing pipeline in the same way that
mod_python does now?

Thanks

Andy