[mod_python] mod_python & Leopard

Jorey Bump list at joreybump.com
Wed Mar 19 00:12:52 EDT 2008

Brian wrote, at 03/18/2008 11:27 PM:
> Jorey ::
>
> That did it!  With one modification.
>
> I found on another site that MacPorts creates a .bash_profile in your
> home directory (/Users/name of home directory).  In there is the path
> to their version.  I opened that file and edited the path to
> /System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/Current/bin,
> re-ran configure, make, make install and it worked!

I also have MacPorts first in my path
(/opt/local/bin:/opt/local/sbin:...) and it doesn't cause any problems.
If it does for you, it's because an /opt/local/bin/python symlink
pointing to the MacPorts version of Python was created at some point
(this is not the default, AFAIK). If you remove that symlink and restore
your previous path, the problem should go away. Prefixing one of Apple's
crazy directories to your path isn't an elegant solution.

Once you fix your path, you may want to recompile, just to be safe.