[mod_python] Implementing Range Retrieval Requests

Graham Dumpleton graham.dumpleton at gmail.com
Tue Aug 19 06:45:04 EDT 2008

2008/8/19 Samuele Kaplun <Samuele.Kaplun at cern.ch>:
> Dear Grahm,
>
> Il Tuesday 12 August 2008 12:17:37 Graham Dumpleton ha scritto:
>>
>> You would need the following to be implemented:
>>
>>   https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MODPYTHON-238
>>
>> If it is your own application on your own server, you could perhaps
>> modify mod_python source code to address the issue.
>>
>> Graham
>
> pardon my ignorance, but do you mean that if I patch mod_python in order to
> have a setter for req.chunked and req.connection.keepalive, I could be able
> to disable chunked encoding even if content length is not specified,

That is what my analysis in JIRA issues suggests.

> thus being able to manually build multirange responses?

Don't know about the multirange response side of things. :-)

> I tried to patch mod_python, as you suggested, creating the patches I'm
> attaching. For the time being I'm still encountering some errors, that I
> still need to investigate (they are probably related to my implementation of
> multirange).
>
> If you think my patches are enough for enabling writing support for chunked
> and keeplive (thus fulfilling MODPYTHON-238 issue), I'd be glad if you would
> like to accept them for integration into mod_python.

Wouldn't you also need to change:

    {"chunked",      (getter)getreq_recmbr, NULL, "Sending chunked
transfer-coding", "chunked"},

So that setter, rather than being NULL is:

  (setter)setreq_recmbr

The connection object hasn't previously had writable members so not
setup same way. Thus not sure how to enable member as writable without
trying it.

Not on machine where can play with source code at moment, can only
view it via web from repository.

Do you changes actually allow you to set values, then read back to
confirm changed?